maandag 21 februari 2011

Finally, Water on board


Finally, after lots of less interesting searches we have a sink and running water in the boat. Other things have also been worked at

First thing done is all the woodwork, since a lot of it is already in place and finished with a transparant (teak color) painting. This painting however is not very shiny so I decided to put some layers of epifanes on it to make it more 'boat-like' this worked out well and 50% of the interior is painted twice at the moment.
Another big thing to do was changing the ignition lock, the glow plug didn't glow because of a defect in the lock so I had to change it. After getting a new one and getting myself ready to start with it (there are a lot of wires attached!) it only took me about one hour to change it. Best thing, the glowplug works again and starting the old SABB engine is easyer. within 10 seconds it will be running :)
The other thing -work in progress- is changing the coating on the pillows. I ordered about 25 meters of coating and started. The first pillow took me nearly 8 hours but now I get used to the sewing machnie again I'm doing 1 pillow every evening. Within 2 weeks I should be finished! (I also need some spare-time :))

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten